Use your wonderful gift of imagination to stretch your strategic mind. Try these suggested imagination exercises:
- You have 1/2 of your people, time, and project funding. What becomes critically important now? What can you still deliver? How could you reframe the problem and continue to create a solution?
- You have 10x more business/requests/sales/opportunities. What new problems will you have because your existing processes don’t scale? What could you do now to be prepared for a 10x increase or step-change scenario?
- You now have a disability, which means you can only work 2 hours a day. What are the highest value activities for you to focus on?
- What are 3 strengths that you or your team have, which could serve a different market or customer segment?
- What are 2 or 3 possible disrupters in your industry? How would these change your situation?
- You get momentous news late Friday afternoon (either good or distressing). What do you tell your group on Monday morning?
- What changes should you make before you have to?