Last week, a friend told me about a photography business he was starting up. My first response was that I wanted to be his first customer. I told him this, and he was encouraged by this small gesture. This conversation made me realize something very important — everyone needs support. Whether someone you know is starting a photography business, or they’re working on an invention, you can actually be there in more ways than one.
So, if you know someone who already has a product out, or know someone who is working on a product, here are the 7 opportunities that you can look for to show your support:
- Encourage them in the ways they need encouragement.
- Take them out for a night of relaxation to get away from working on the idea. Their brain probably needs a break.
- Give them input if you see a need, or if they ask for it.
- Be the first in line to buy their product. This small gesture will mean the world to them.
- Tell your friends about the product that you’ve used, but rave about it if it’s good.
- Stop asking for free products or discounts. Pay full price.
- Realize that there is no harm in being there for another person in the creation process. This is the part of the process where they need a ton of support.
Leave a Reply