There are two different types of leaders — those who direct and those who control. If you don’t know which type of leader you are, here are eight questions you need to ask yourself:
- Do I gravitate towards viewing things at the macro level or the micro level?
- Can I see the big picture? If not, can I see what is making my work successful or unsuccessful?
- Am I focused only on today and yesterday, or am I driven by the possibilities that the future holds?
- Does my team view me as an orchestra conductor or a dictator?
- Have I allowed other people to embrace their work or am I doing everything?
- Am I allowing my team to make mistakes in order to make things better?
- Am I an encourager or a doubter and defeater?
- Are people waiting on me or am I waiting on my team?
Leave a Reply