Here is a video from Scott Williams on the top 10 differences between managers and leaders.
This video highlights the following points:
Leaders develop followers and managers manage people and things.
The 10 things that separate leaders and managers are:
1. Essence- Stability vs. Change
2. Rules- Make It vs. Break It
3. Approach- Plans Detail vs. Sets Direction
4. Culture- Execute vs. Shape
5. Conflict- Avoid vs. Use
6. Direction- Existing Roads vs. New Roads
7. Credit- Take vs. Give
8. Decisions- Makes vs. Facilitates
9. Vision- Tell vs. Sell
10. Style- Transactional vs. Transformational
He makes a lot of good points, but my favorite is when he talks about encouraging others. This is something so small that anyone can do and it speaks volumes. Find ways to encourage others to reach their full potential. It will make a difference in the lives around you and in your own.
Leadership is always about others.
What is your favorite point that Scott makes? You can leave your comment below.