Ever since I was a kid, my family has been in church. While attending church I’ve noticed how styles have changed quite a bit. I used to think Michael W. Smith, choir robes, sweaters, long hair, Mark Lowry and glasses were the cool church standard. Oh, and I can’t forget Carman. But, it seems that this just isn’t the case anymore. So, I started compiling a list of what makes church people “cool” in 2010.
Here are the top 9 things I could come up with:
1. You need a scarf around your neck. That goes for everybody.
2. You need a pair of TOMS shoes. You say you’re helping out a kid, but we all know it’s for the cool factor.
3. You need a MAC. A PC just won’t cut it anymore.
4. Having an iPhone is a must. Mainly for reading YouVersion off of it and you also look wicked holy while doing it.
5. The Fauxhawk is a must.
6. You need to be talking about the latest book you’re reading. Talking about what’s in the Bible is so yesterday.
7. You have to go to at least 2 conferences a year. You will not know what you need to know to be saved if you don’t.
8. Everyone has to find a way on that stage. You better sing, play a musical instrument, or something. Get to dancin’.
9. Every cool Christian must have a tattoo of some sort. Oh, and a part of that tattoo must be showing to the public. If it’s on your arm, make sure you roll up your sleeve just a tad. A cool story behind the tattoo is a must as well (preferably Biblical).
I couldn’t think of #10, so maybe you can help me out. 10. ??????