Ever since I was a kid, my family has been in church. While attending church I’ve noticed how styles have changed quite a bit. I used to think Michael W. Smith, choir robes, sweaters, long hair, Mark Lowry and glasses were the coolest things out there. Oh, and I can’t forget Carman. It seems that this just isn’t the case anymore. So, I started compiling a list of what makes church people “cool” in 2010. Here are the top 9 things I could come up with:
1. Gotta have a scarf around your neck. That goes for everybody.
2. Gotta have a pair of TOMS shoes. You say you’re helping out a kid, but we all know it’s for the coolness factor.
3. Gotta have a mac. A PC just won’t cut it.
4. Having an iPhone is a must. Mainly for reading YouVersion off of it and you look wicked holy while doing it.
5. The Fauxhawk is a must. God will not love you if you do not have one.
6. You have to be talking about the latest book you’re reading. Talking about what’s in the Bible is so yesterday.
7. You have to go to at least 2 conferences a year. You will not know what you need to know to be saved.
8. Everyone has to find a way on that stage. You better sing, play a musical instrument or something. Get to dancin’.
9. Every cool Christian must have a tattoo of some sort. Oh, and a part of that tattoo must be showing to the public. If it’s on your arm, make sure you roll up your sleeve just a tad. A cool story behind the tattoo is a must (preferably Biblical).
***I couldn’t think of #10, so maybe you can help me out.–