Here are 9 things that I loved and I want to see them come back:
1. FUNDIP – Well, you can find this stuff in gas stations on back roads, but I want this stuff everywhere. When I do find it, I am happy folks.
2. Parachute pants – They are just more comfortable. Duh.
3. Rattails, moustaches and mullets – The y make me smile instantly. This would just make things better.
4. Manners – You remember those days. Where everyone said things like “Yes ma’am” and “Yes sir”. Ok, maybe you don’t.
5. Hymnals – I like scarf wearing worship leaders as much as the next guy, but sometimes I want to hear an organ while singing some hymns. I know I’m not the only one.
6. Light up shoes (for adults) – All the kids used to wear the shoes that light up, but what about the adults? Now these kids got the roller skate shoes. Just garbage.
7. Waterbeds – Everyone wants to feel like they’re sleeping on water.
8. Choir robes – They just sexy.
9. Dinnertime – Turn off the tv and make dinnertime, well family time as well.
I need your help finishing this list…
I have been thinking quite a bit about this certain idea lately. Someone gave me the challenge to have a goal that I personally could not complete in my lifetime. This of course would have to be something huge and something that would impact following generations. Yes, I want to leave a legacy. No, I’m not talking about the lyrics to Nichole Nordeman’s song, Legacy. That huge goal might be to start an orphanage, a foundation, a boy’s ranch, or whatever else there is…
What’s one huge goal that you have? It might even make you feel funny to say it out loud. That’s when you know it’s good.